Designer and Maker of Fine Furniture
I studied under some of the world's finest craftspeople at the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Maine, USA. After a few years there I returned to Australia and ran production in a commercial furniture workshop in Sydney. It wasn't for me. In 2019 I launched my own business making commissioned pieces from a shared workshop south of Sydney.
Here's my favourite piece:
My previous writing outlet was for my career in progressive comms. I created communications stratgies and developed messaging for environmental orgs, labour groups and politicial parties. I don't work in comms these days, but my blog lives on.
Three of the most popular articles:
- A step by step guide to creating great key messages
- Know the three modes of persuasion
- How to write a victory and a concession speech
And three I like:
- One technique for dealing with difficult questions from journalists
- Know your issue? You also need to know how to frame it
- A step by step guide to creating a communications strategy
When I head out on an overnight hike I usually take my camera. Here are a few photos I like. I'm going to learn to print and frame my own.